A guide to fast and easy self tan …
If you have as sensitive skin as I do, and full of beauty marks, Sun Rays are not our friends… Also have no time to lay down for hours to get beautiful suntan! I would feel I loose my time :-) These days there is so many formulas and possibilities, that in one day we can get beautiful sun kissed, naturally looking skin. Fake tanning products are completely IN, and I’m still surprised it’s such a TABU topic. Now they mostly don’t contain caroten which gave before this orange finish. As during summer I love wearing light colours, white, beige, my natural skin tone is very light, that’s why I feel great having slightly bronzed skin!
Let me round up for you a fake tan guide including what’s new and what formulas are available in the market! I try a lot of them and I will tell which are mine favourite!
First of all, before you attempt to put any fake tan on remember to exfoliate your skin so your tan will last longer, and the rough and dry skin doesn’t make your tan appear patchy.
There are many different formulas, depending on the type of tan you want to achieve – from really light sun kissed and healthy looking skin to a really dark tan, the products allow you to build it up and work around your needs and the amount of time you have spare on your hands to give your skin the colour it wants ☺
- Quick and light coloured one day tan; great for meetings or gatherings, just so you look really healthy and lightly sun kissed. To achieve that look you might want to look into the bronzing oils, most of them have some shimmer in them to highlight the skin and make it look glowing such as the Caudalie Devine Legs, which you can simply rinse with a water at the end of the day. You might want to invest also in the great Tom Ford Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil.
- My favourite self tan from St Tropez Muss – Classic, is my personal number one! Use it with a glow which goes with the product. I just got my second bottle, and there is no other product to compare. It’s very easy to apply, very quick, you see the difference after first application, very natural looking and what was important for me it doesn’t smell bad! Which I couldn’t accept in all the others self tanning product. I love this one!
- Next is an in-shower fake tan, which after cleaning your body, you smooth down like you would a shower gel. After you need to wait for 3 minutes and then rinse. After you simply dry your skin and it oxidises- 1-2h. It’s another option which I liked from St Tropez line St Tropez Gradual Tan in Shower Lotion, but personally decided to stay with the previous mousse.
- Benefit Hoola Zero Tanlines is a new in product which lets you put a fake tan, as if you were putting bronzer all over your skin and its special lid allows you to glide the product through your body ensuring you don’t get the lines. So if you’re no expert with fake tan you might want to give this a try.
- Bronzing lotions are what we usually reach out for, it’s easy to apply and let’s you control how and where you apply it making the application somewhat easier and smoother. The one I liked was from Ziaja and Dove, they bring very natural looking bronzed skin, but unfortunately they all make the skin smell like burned, which I really don’t like. That’s why the muss from St Tropez wins the game.
- Spray tan – which also is a great solution for sun kissed skin in one day! There is many beauty salons offering spray tan, and definitely is much better solution than UV tanning (Solarium). Spray tan might be applied in the tanning machine, where application takes around 10min with drying process, or manually by the person with an airbrush, which takes more time, but the results might be more precised. Spray tan should last for 4-6 day if your skin was well exfoliated before. Great choice for your big day, like wedding or party. Just remember never choose too dark tone for the first application, and better to do it 2 days before the event, not right before!
If you are just looking to make your face more bronzed and healthy then there is many options for you such as:
- Clarins Booster Drops – My number One for face! where you put a few drops in with your normal face moisturiser and let them work their magic, so easy and mess free!
- Makeup Bronzer – we all know its our great friend! It can be an amazing tool to make or skin appear bronzed for one day, with no great effort put into the whole process. Easy and quick as 1,2,3! Bronzer is something you can use all over your body too just to give it the definition and tone it down in the parts where you’re not feeling too great about! Many formulas to choose from: solid, powder, liquid, cream –whatever you feel the want for ☺
Hope this helps you choose how you want your skin to achieve the sun kissed bronzed Goddess look, whether you want it a really natural shade or feeling a little bit more adventurous, there is something in the market for all of us! You can feel summer on your skin all year long ☺