Sleep … has incredible benefits to our beauty and physical and emotional health.
Night it a time when our body regenerates, our skin rebuilds new cells, we loading the energy for the next day. Sleep is often taken for granted but it’s one of the things that gives us energy, good mood. When looking into ways of healthy lifestyle sleep pattern should be something you look into before your diet or exercise choice, it all correlates don’t forget. It is often suggested that an adult should sleep between 7-9 hours in order to get enough energy to start a day with motivation to take on the day and a challenges.
There are a few steps which if followed will give your body a boost it needs, as Gwyneth Paltrow suggests in a new book she is about to release – a clean sleep is the new ultimate trend!
- No distractions – to sleep well and ensure you get the most out of your beauty sleep, zen out and put aside all the distractions such as your phone – don’t check it while you’re in bed as this will distract your mind. I recommend to get an oldschool clock with alarm and not let the phone eneter the bedroom ;-) Believe me it makes a big difference. If you like to plan the next day in your bed, I recommend to note it on the paper/notebook instead of phone.
- Last meal at least 2-3 h before going to bed – before going to sleep ensure you don’t drink tea or coffee, the caffeine will awake your mind and you’ll find it harder to fall asleep.
- Keep the cool temerature – cooler temperature helps to sleep better.
- Turn off the lights – it’s important to not have any light source while you sleep. Sleeping in darkness helps produce the naturally occurring hormone, melatonin, in our body.
- Cleanse your skin – It’s very important to remove the makeup and cleanse your face before going to bed.
- Night Skin Care – Here are 3 products I love to apply before going to bed : midnight recovery concentrate from Kiehl’s , or Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral-Enriched and choice for the over nigth skin detox Clinique Super Rescue Antioxidant Night Moisturizer
- Silk Pillowcase! This is my must in the night beauty routine, this is why I created my Silk Pillowcases, is what your skin and hair really needs – healthy and smooth hair, less fine lines, no creases and temperature regulation. No more waking up with a red and itchy face, My Silk Pillowcase will become your best sleep friend!
- One night a week – Skin Care-Free! I learnt this while traveling to Japan, our skin gets use to all the skincare we apply every day, which make it comfortamble so skin our self gets more lazy to produce to hydratation and sebum itself. One night a week, let your skin regenerte through the night with no product on it, just sleep on your silk pillowcase.
- Sleep well spray/relaxations music if needed – a lavender based sleep mist will be what you need to reach out for if you find it problematic to fall asleep mixed with meditation or relaxation music will help to calm you down and relax so your mind for a deep beauty sleep ☺ sleep well!
If you’ll follow all of the above steps, you’ll find it easier to fall as well as you will find your sleep deeper. When you wake up in the morning you’ll feel energised and ready to take on the challenge that’s planned up for you – remember clean body is not only clean eating, your mind needs to be at ease and so will be your body!
Wishing you all beautiful dreams,